By now, you may have heard that cancer rates are rising to a point where 44% of men and 39% of women will be diagnosed with the disease. With all the research and drugs being created over the past 30 years, you would think that it would at least be holding steady or declining, but, sadly, that is not the case. So what common patterns are we encountering for these rates to be rising so precipitously throughout North America? Turns out, a lot of our habits cause cancer.
Habits That Cause Cancer
There is a commonly held notion that ‘everything’ causes cancer nowadays, and although it may often be a flippant response from someone who is frustrated by all the things they need to avoid, it is becoming glaringly obvious that a wide variety of our core activities are indeed contributing to cancer growth.
What could be possibly causing these scary statistics? Let’s Look closely at this shortened list of cancer causing factors:
– Sunlight ultraviolet rays (excess)
– EMF exposure
– Ionizing, microwave oven, and nonionizing radiation from domestic appliances
– Overhead power lines
– Nuclear radiation
– Pesticides and herbicides
– Industrial toxins
– Drinking or bathing in polluted, chlorinated, or fluoridated water
– Hormonal therapies
– Immune suppressive drugs
– Consuming irradiated foods and food additives
– Mercury toxicity
– Dental fillings, root canals, cavitations and metals
– Use of street, prescription and non-prescription drugs
– Nutritional deficiencies
– Consumption of synthetic ‘foods’
– Chronic stress
– Negative emotions
– Depressed thyroid
– Intestinal toxicity
– Viral, bacterial, and fungal infections
– Blocked detoxification pathways
– Genetic predisposition
– Physical irritants (e.g. asbestos)
– Alcohol consumption
One can see from reading the list that many of us are currently, or have extensively in the past, engaged in these practices or had many of these challenges. When you consider the danger zone of cancer age wise, which seems to be in the mid 40′s to mid 50′s, these victims have been exposed to many of these factors for 4 or more decades!
Thats approximately 14,500+ days to put it into perspective. No wonder the body finally succumbs to the onslaught!
The only way to halt these scary cancer statistics is to be aware of the factors contributing to cancer, avoid them at all costs and engage in a clean and nourishing lifestyle that does not promote its growth.
What Can We Do to Avoid Cancer?
First of all, eat a clean, alkaline diet full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and probiotics on a daily basis that supports the development of a healthy immune system. Examples of such foods include:
– Algae (e.g. chlorella, spirulina)
– Fermented foods (vegetables, kefirs)
– Medicinal mushrooms like reishi and chaga
– Adaptogenic herbs like astragulus, gynostemma, siberian ginseng, goji
– Aloe vera
– Goji Berries
– Bee Pollen
Also look to consume pure water, get fresh air, expose yourself to the sunshine for 15-20 minutes a day (don’t expose your skin to the point of burning), exercise and consider colonics and coffee enemas.
In contrast, you need to completely avoid:
- Refined sugar
- Conventional dairy (non-organic and pasteurized)
- Glutinous grains (wheat, barley, spelt)
- Soy (non-organic and unfermented)
- Pork (even when organic)
You also need to limit:
- Fruit juices and fruits with high levels of sugar (ie. pineapples, mangos, bananas)
- Rice, oats, and corn (completely avoid GMO sources)
- Animal protein (ensure beef is organic and grass fed, chicken is free range and organic, fish is wild caught and not farmed)
This is certainly not an exhaustive list, as entire books are catered to cancer therapies and how to avoid cancer altogether. The core theme in all of them is to:
– Avoid all impurities in food, air and water
– Cleanse your body with alkaline, easily digestible and nutrient rich foods (including necessary whole food supplementation)
– Begin a protocol of liver cleansing and regenerating herbs
In addition to all that, you also need to understand that chronic negative thoughts can facilitate the growth of cancer cells. So don’t dwell on the past, focus on the present, and be optimistic about the future!